Simple ground turkey recipes are becoming a favorite of mine. If you have pasta in your pantry, try this Lemony Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta with Kale. To add spiciness to this recipe, I added some dried red hot chili pepper. I used sweet Italian turkey sausage and sauteed the sausage until it was fully cooked and had a nice brown color. This pasta dish recipe would be perfect for any weeknight with just a little time after work. Pop the leftovers in the fridge or freezer and you’ll have a quick meal ready for lunch. If you are looking for more pasta recipes, check out this creamy pasta sausage with kale recipe.
Lemony Spicy Italian Sausage PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 pound Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1 bunch Kale cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Uncooked Farfalle Pasta
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Red Chili Pepper Flakes add more according to your liking
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced (add more according to your liking)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over moderate high heat then cook sausage, use a spoon to break any lumps and continue to cook until browed for about 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Blanch kale in a salted boiling water, uncovered for about 2 minutes. Remove kale from the heat and drain well.
- Cook pasta in a salted boiling water, uncovered until al dente. Remove from the heat, drain well and reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water for later use.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet, stir in garlic, saute until it’s fragrant.
- Add red chili pepper, Italian Seasoning and cooked turkey sausage, then keep stirring. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add kale, pasta and 1/4 cup reserved cooking water and lemon juice to skillet. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Stir in cheese, remove from the heat and serve immediately.