These Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are incredibly delicious and easy to make. They are perfectly cooked in a pressure cooker, instant pot, or Ninja Foodi. They’re so easy and quick to make! These keto garlic parmesan chicken wings have the perfect crispiness and golden color on the outside and tender meat inside.
Chicken wings are the best appetizer for your weeknight dinners, or the perfect finger food for any occasion ranging from game day to potluck, really any type of fun gatherings!
Today, I am sharing a delicious Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings. The wings are so aromatic and have a cheesy flavor from the parmesan. They’re the perfect alternative for those who want to enjoy chicken wings without strong spices! This chicken wings recipe is gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly!
Why You'll Love this Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe:
There are so many reasons to love this chicken wings recipe! Here's why:
· No deep-frying! It is possible to get restaurant-style crispy chicken wings without deep-frying. With this recipe, you will save a lot of calories without sacrificing the flavor.
· Quick and easy! These chicken wings are cooked in high pressure for only 5 minutes!
· Uses little to no oil! That's right! Because there is no deep-frying involved, this recipe is only required very little oil. For Instant Pot users, you only need to use a small amount of oil to crisp the wings in the broiler after cooking at high pressure. I personally used my Ninja Foodi air crisp to make this recipe, therefore, I used absolutely no oil because I crisp the chicken using the air-crisp feature. I'll tell you more about it below.
· Keto-friendly food! If you are currently on a Keto-diet, lucky you! This recipe is a keto compliant food.
· Full of Flavors! The wings are so aromatic, garlicky, and have the perfect cheesy flavors that aren’t overly salty!
· Uses real ingredients! This is one of many reasons why I love homemade food. When we make our own food at home, we often tend to choose the best ingredients (usually fresher than packaged ones from stores). I am going to share the ingredient list below!
More Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipes:
- KOREAN BBQ WINGS (INSTANT POT + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS)
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- DRY RUB CHICKEN WINGS (OVEN-BAKED/INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI)
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Ingredients:
To make these delicious wings, you will need garlic powder, butter, garlic, parsley, parmesan, salt, and black pepper.
CHECK OUT THESE HIGH-RATED INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
How to Make Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings:
The cooking process is very simple. As I mentioned earlier, I used the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker TenderCrisp to make these garlic parmesan chicken wings.
First, I seasoned the chicken wings with basic dry seasoning that I've used for almost all of my chicken wings recipes. Then, I cooked the chicken wings at high pressure for 5 minutes. Once cooked, I used the Air-Crisp mode to crisp the chicken for up to 15 minutes.
I also dipped the cooked and crisped chicken wings into melted garlic parmesan butter. Lastly, before serving, I sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese.
What if I want to cook this using an Instant Pot?
Well, the process is pretty similar to that of the Ninja Foodi. You will have to cook the wings at high pressure for about 5 minutes then dip the chicken wings into melted butter.
The only thing that makes it different is that you will have transfer the chicken wings from the instant pot straight to the broiler to crisp them. This process shouldn't take a very long time.
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings, (wingettes and drumettes) - pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: a pinch of black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter , (melted, cool slightly)
- 1½ tablespoon minced garlic, (use more or less garlic according to your taste)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, (or use more according to your liking)
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt/pepper, (to taste if needed)
For Instant Pot and Oven Users only:
- 2 tablespoon oil , (to crisp and bake)
- Season the Wings: In a large bowl, place chicken wings and season with salt, garlic powder, and the optional black pepper. Set aside.
- Pressure Cook Chicken Wings: Pour a cup of water or chicken broth into the instant pot/ninja foodi. Place wings into a trivet or a steamer basket in the pot. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes with natural release.
- To Crisp the Wings in the Oven: Pat the wings really dry with paper towels. Transfer the wings into a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss to coat. Arrange the wings on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp, about 4-6 minutes, turning pan once halfway through.To Crisp the Wings with Air Crisp - Ninja Foodi: Dry the inner pot. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Open every 3-5 minutes to check for the crispness of your desire.
- Garlic Parmesan Butter: In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning with additional parmesan or salt. Add the cooked wings into the bowl, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve with or without dressing. Enjoy!
To Cook in the Oven (Skip These if If You're Going to Use an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi):
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the chicken wings into a large bowl. Use paper towels to pat dry the wings. Transfer to a bowl.
Sprinkle the salt, garlic powder plus 2 tablespoon oil all over the wings, toss to coat evenly using your hands or tongs.
Transfer wings on to a baking sheet, bake for about 45-50 minutes or until fully cooked, golden, and crispy.
In a large bowl, stir together melted butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Adjust seasoning with additional parmesan or salt if needed.
You know I didn't jump on the Instapot bandwagon because let's face it, who needs one more kitchen appliance, but I'm learning I do! This looks delicious!
I will try this recipe using an oven. I am sure it tastes as good as it looks. Yummy!
This is hands down my favorite way to eat wings. I have got to try your recipe.
Wow, those are some amazing looking wings. I love the sauce you used; perfect for me.
Well you just sent me down the rabbit hole of Ninja Foodi products. I hadn't heard of them and now I have several on my wishlist. These wings look delicious!
Wow, I had no idea you could cook things like this in the Instant Pot. Sounds like such a convenient appliance to have!
Rose Ann Sales
Chicken wings are one my favorite. This sounds like a great recipe. Thanks for sharing..!