An amazing Mediterranean Roast chicken recipe! This easy roasted chicken recipe has an incredible flavor and is very healthy! The chicken is seasoned with healthy herbs and spices.
Are you looking for good Mediterranean chicken recipes? You'll have to try this spiced roast chicken recipe. It's so tasty! It's the perfect one-pot chicken meal for any weeknight dinner and it's such an affordable protein-rich meal.
Mediterranean Roast Chicken
This easy Mediterranean Roast Chicken recipe consists of the perfect amount of protein and healthy carbs. It is also loaded with healthy veggies, too. There is no need to cook side dishes to accompany this meal, maybe just pop open a nice bottle of wine.
The Mediterranean food is not only loaded with health benefits but also packed with flavors. This roasted chicken with veggies is a good chicken recipe to add to your Mediterranean diet meal plan.
Are you on a keto diet? Make this Mediterranean Roast chicken low carb by skipping the garbanzo beans.
Check out more Mediterranean-inspired recipes:
- ROASTED GARBANZO BEANS WITH SUMAC HONEY LEMON SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED GARBANZO BEANS WITH SPICES
- HEARTY VEGETARIAN SKILLET WITH KALE AND GARBANZO BEANS
- EASY ZAATAR ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST
Mediterranean Roast Chicken Ingredients:
This Mediterranean roast chicken recipe is so simple yet delicious. It's made with chicken meat that is flavored with healthy herbs: cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and garlic.
Mediterranean Roast Chicken Marinade:
A great marinade creates intense flavor and keeps the chicken moist and tender. If you are looking for the best Mediterranean marinade, look no further. The chicken meat is seasoned well with ground cumin, ground coriander, ground smoked paprika, and fresh garlic. And It only requires 30 minutes of marinating time.
Chickpeas are a staple in the Mediterranean diet. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, offer a variety of health benefits. These benefits include improved digestion, a lowered total amount of cholesterol, and helping to control blood sugar. They are also high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6 content, which all support heart health.
For this recipe, you just need to pick up some canned garbanzo beans from the store. Just be sure to pick one with lower or no sodium content. Also, wash and drain the beans before cooking them in the oven.
The Mediterranean diet focuses on whole foods, unprocessed. Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants and are considered as a star ingredient in the Mediterranean diet.
For this recipe, I used some cherry tomatoes on the vine. Feel free to use any other kinds of tomatoes that you can find in your supermarket or backyard.
Cauliflower is a versatile veggie that can be dressed up in many ways. One of my favorite ways to cook cauliflower is to roast the florets! It always tastes great with simple herbs seasoning. Therefore, cauliflower would make the perfect addition to this Mediterranean chicken recipe.
Cumin is the aromatic seed of a plant of the parsley family. Ground cumin is often used as a spice in Latin American, Middle Eastern, African, and Indian cuisines.
Paprika goes well with chicken. It has a pungent taste when heated. It adds both color and flavor to the dishes. For this recipe, I used smoked paprika because it has a sweet pepper flavor, even without any heat.
Coriander is a member of the same family as parsley, the Umbellifers. Coriander is commonly used as a spice in Asia and Mediterranean cuisines. Coriander not only adds flavor to the dish but also offers many health benefits.
MEDITERRANEAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
- 3 pounds assorted chicken pieces (bone-in breasts, thighs, legs and/or wings)
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas - low sodium, (drained and rinsed)
- 6 oz chopped cauliflower
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt, (use more according to your liking)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- chopped parsley
Make a Marinade:
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Reserve about 2 tablespoons to marinate the vegetables.
Marinate the Chicken:
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with a paper towel.
- Add the chicken to a freezer-safe ziplock bag, followed by the marinade.
- Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly, and massage the chicken to coat in the marinade. Transfer to a fridge, marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
Marinate the Veggies (You can do this before roasting or marinade for 5-10 minutes before roasting):
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, cauliflower and pour in the reserved marinade (2 tablespoons). Stir to coat. Adjust seasoning with additional salt or pepper if needed.
Roasting the Chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan, skin side up. Roast chicken for 15 minutes then turn the chicken pieces and continue roasting for additional 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Roasting the Chicken and Veggies:
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, and cauliflower into the pan. Roast the chicken and veggies for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°).If you are using chicken breast, do not overcook it! You may need to remove it from the oven about 5-10 minutes earlier than the other pieces.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with parsley and enjoy.