This pear arugula salad is so delicious and healthy, I prepared it in just a few minutes too. I served it with my favorite homemade lemon dressing. The combination of fresh flavors has that perfect amount of sweet and tanginess, without going overboard. I think this salad has summertime picnic written all over it, and also goes well with meats, such as a steak. When I eat steak I love to feel guilt free about it, so having a nice salad like this one helps in that department. Hope you’ll enjoy this Pear Arugula Salad with Homemade Lemon Dressing recipe.
Don’t forget to join Posh Journal on Facebook and Posh Journal on Pinterest!
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (use more or less according to your liking)
In a mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper, dijon mustard and agave nectar until well blended.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight jar. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 3 cups fresh arugula leaves , washed and drained
- 1/3 cup candied walnuts , break into smaller pieces (use more or less according to your liking)
- 1 whole green Bartlett or Anjou pear (use more or less according to your liking)
- 3-4 tablespoons homemade lemon dressing (use more or less according to your liking)
In a salad bowl or salad serving plate, arrange all the ingredients in layers. Serve with fresh homemade lemon dressing.