Aromatic and flavorful roasted baby potatoes with rosemary and garlic. These savory potatoes are perfect as a side dish. The potatoes are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and with the perfect seasoning taste amazing when roasted to perfection.
Potatoes are inexpensive ingredients and very versatile. In addition, roasted potatoes are the classic side dish for any meal. Best of all, potatoes are pretty good for you, because of the vitamin, mineral, and fiber content.
Roasted Baby Potatoes Ingredients:
These garlicky and herb-roasted baby potatoes are made with a combination of mixed baby potatoes, simple herbs, and spices. The baby potatoes are cut into nice bite-sized pieces.
So if you like roasted baby creamers that are flavorful with a buttery garlic taste, are tender inside and have crispy edges, please read on! Let’s talk about all the ingredients used in this recipe.
Mixed baby potatoes or creamers:
To make this perfect roasted potatoes recipe, I used mixed baby potatoes that I purchased from Costco. I love using mixed baby potatoes because they come in similar sizes. These baby potatoes are thin-skinned and don’t need to be peeled before cooking. For that reason, they are great for roasting or boiling.
Baby potatoes have a delicate, slightly sweet flavor and a creamy texture. In addition, these baby potatoes are easy to prepare for roasting. I just need to cut them in half and bake or roast them in the oven.
Best Roasted Potatoes Seasoning:
Potatoes go well with any seasoning; there is no right or wrong way to do it. Basically, you can throw any of your favorite spices and herbs together and season the potatoes with a great result.
For this recipe, I chose some aromatic spices and herbs for seasoning, such as rosemary and garlic. I also added a small amount of ancho chili pepper to give the potatoes a nice deep red color and a touch of sweet flavor without adding extra heat. The ancho chili pepper also adds another layer flavor to the dish.
Don’t wait, give this easy side dish recipe a try tonight! Or try one of these following recipes:
- SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE – CHEESY AND HEALTHY
- ELOTES MEXICANOS – MEXICAN CORN SALAD
- EASY KETO CREAMED SPINACH – SO CHEESY!
- SKILLET FRIED CORN – BUTTERY!
To add a slight saltiness, I also added some freshly grated Pecorino cheese. Pecorino cheese is a firm, salty Italian cheese that is made from 100% sheep’s milk.
Pecorino is one of the most widely used cheeses and is a sharper alternative to Parmesan cheese. It works really well for grating cheese over pasta, bread, or as a topping inside or atop baked products.
You can find Pecorino cheese at any grocery market. I personally purchased mine from my local Trader’s Joe. If you only have parmesan cheese in your fridge, feel free to use it for this recipe.
Also, be sure to add the pecorino cheese and garlic about 15 minutes before the cooking is completed so they do not burn.
Roasted Baby Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
- 2 pounds baby creamers or baby potatoes (cut in half)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ tsp kosher salt (use more according to your liking)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (use more according to your liking)
- ¼ tsp ancho chili pepper (use more according to your liking)
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan (use more according to your liking)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mixed potatoes with salt, pepper, ancho chili pepper, rosemary, olive oil and transfer to a sheet pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and shake well. Then transfer to the oven, cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add minced garlic, pecorino, toss to coat. Transfer to the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley. Serve and enjoy!