This easy dinner rolls with herb butter recipe is the perfect last-minute side dish for any weeknight, holiday meal! The frozen dinner rolls are lightly seasoned with herbs. The herbs increase the aroma and flavor of the rolls without overpowering the taste!
Want to make homemade dinner rolls from scratch but don't have a bread machine at home or don't have time to knead the dough? Well, I have a quick solution for you! This easy dinner rolls with herb butter recipe require minimal preparation! They are so easy to cook, but taste like they took hours to make!
Serve this bread with AIR FRYER WHOLE CHICKEN (NO OIL OR BUTTER IS ADDED)
Easy Dinner Rolls with Herb Butter Ingredients:
- Frozen dinner rolls. Use good quality store-bought dinner rolls that you like and know will taste good.
- Herbs. In this recipe, I used a combination of Italian seasoning, basil, thyme, and parsley dried herbs. Feel free to use fresh herbs or any combination of herbs that are available in your pantry.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES:
- ROASTED CORNISH HEN (WITH MIXED VEGETABLES)
- LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGHS
- CHICKEN AND CHORIZO RICE
- ROASTED HALF CHICKEN
- SLOW COOKER LIME CHICKEN WITH COUSCOUS
- HEALTHY BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS (AKA CHICKEN STRIPS)
- CHICKEN SHAWARMA (OVEN-ROASTED + INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS) – WITH VIDEO 🎥
- OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN BREAST (SO TENDER AND JUICY!)
- HARISSA CHICKEN RECIPE – WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥
- CREAMY CHICKEN MARSALA
How to Make Herbed Dinner Rolls:
This side dish recipe is so simple but it does require a long bread rise time.
Most frozen dinner rolls usually take between 30 minutes - 5 hours to let the dough rise, until the size has approximately doubled since the final shaping. For that reason, find a frozen dinner roll brand that requires the least bread rise time, especially if you are in a hurry. I like this recipe because I can focus on other parts of the meal, which is especially useful during holiday prep!
So here are some steps to follow:
Step 1. Choose a pan
- 11' skillet for up to 12 rolls
- 9” x 13” Baking Pan 20 pull-apart rolls
- 8” Baking Pan- 9 pull-apart rolls
- 11″ x 17″ Baking Sheet 35 pull-apart rolls
Step 2. Place frozen rolls in pan
Spray pan with cooking spray and place balls of dough evenly spaced in pan. Or, follow the cooking recommendation on the packaging.
Step 3. Let the dough rise
It can take anywhere from 2-5 hours. In this recipe, I used Bridgford and it required 2 hours rise time. Other brands like Rhodes Bake-N-Serv require 3-5 hours rise time.
Step 4. Make herb butter
Combine melted unsalted butter with dried Italian seasoning, basil, thyme, and parsley. Add a pinch of salt if necessary!
Brush each roll with melted butter. Let rolls rise until double in size or until the rolls fill up the pan.
Step 5. Bake the herbed dinner rolls
You need to follow the cooking time and recommendation on the product packaging. It could take anywhere from 10-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and brush with additional melted butter.
How to Store Leftover Dinner Rolls:
Properly stored, dinner rolls will last for about 5 to 7 days at normal room temperature, or put them in a freezer to extend the shelf life.
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS SIDE DISH RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH ORANGE JUICE
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- INSTANT POT MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- INSTANT POT COLCANNON – IRISH MASHED POTATOES
- ROASTED BABY POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- MOROCCAN COUSCOUS WITH CURRANTS AND PINE NUTS
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PANCETTA AND APPLE
- HASSELBACK BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH BROWN BUTTER SAGE
- CAULIFLOWER STUFFING (LOW CARB AND HERBY)
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN
Easy Dinner Rolls with Herbs
- (2) 8” Baking Pan
- Spray pan with cooking spray and place balls of dough evenly spaced in pan.
- Combine melted unsalted butter with dried Italian seasoning, basil, thyme, and parsley. Add a pinch of salt if necessary!
- Brush each roll with melted butter. Let rolls rise until double in size or until the rolls fill up the pan.
- Follow the cooking time and recommendation on the product packaging. It could take anywhere from 10-25 minutes.Remove from oven and brush with additional melted butter.
- one tablespoon of fresh herbs to one teaspoon of dried herbs