This Soft Scrambled Eggs recipe is an easy breakfast that kids can help make. The eggs are soft and fluffy. It's the only breakfast dish you'll need to start the day.
If you are looking for breakfast ideas that inspire, try this Soft Scrambled Egg recipe. This egg dish is also perfect for brunch or a Mother's Day breakfast to show love!
Scrambled eggs are a healthy dish. It's a must-have high-protein meal that will fuel you up in the morning. This is also a low-carb breakfast option that is keto-friendly.
About This Soft Scrambled Eggs Recipe:
In this recipe, you will learn how to make the fluffiest and softest scrambled eggs. The eggs are so creamy and have an almost curd-like taste.. yum.
In addition, you will love this recipe because:
1. It doesn't require any oil or butter to add creaminess to the dish. That means this version of scrambled eggs contains lower fat and calories. In order to cook soft scrambled eggs without oil or butter, you will need to use a good quality non-stick skillet.
2. It's loaded. This scrambled eggs dish is loaded with green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion, and ham.
Of course, you can modify this recipe by adding your favorite toppings, such as salsa, cheese, vegetables, bacon, or herbs. This adds taste and adds some color that makes it present well, too.
The Secret to the Softest and Creamiest Scrambled Eggs
Cooking the perfect scrambled eggs isn't complicated. So here's secret to making fluffy scrambled eggs:
- Whisk the eggs to produce fluffier scrambled eggs.
- Cook the eggs slowly and at a low temperature.
- Stir the eggs frequently during cooking.
- Do not overcook to prevent rubbery eggs. Be sure to turn off the heat before the eggs are fully cooked.
- If you want to limit your calories and saturated fat intake, use a good quality non-stick skillet so you don't have to use any oil or butter to cook scrambled eggs.
The Cooking Process
Step 1. Cook the Toppings
In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add ham, chopped bell peppers, and onion. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Please note: adding oil or butter is optional.
Step 2. Season and Whisk the Eggs
- In a large bowl, add milk, salt, and eggs.
- Use an electric mixer or fork, whisk the eggs vigorously for at least 30 seconds to beat as much air as possible into the egg. And the more air you beat in, the lighter your eggs' texture will be.
Step 3. Scramble the Eggs
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour in the eggs and let them rest for a few seconds.
- Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, cook and stir the eggs frequently until eggs begin to thicken and form small curds.
- Add the ham and bell pepper mixture. Stir gently until incorporated. Turn off the heat to prevent overcooking.
FAQ and Cooking Tips
The healthiest way to scramble eggs is to use a good quality non-stick skillet so you don't have to use any butter or oil.
I personally add 2% milk into scrambled eggs to keep them moist and soft. Some people think that milk can make the eggs turn rubbery, which is quite the opposite of what I found it to be. Milk is an optional ingredient and you can still make great-tasting scrambled eggs with or without milk, based on your taste and diet preferences.
Be sure to let the scrambled eggs cool down before storing them in the refrigerator. Refrigerated scrambled eggs are safe to up eat 3-4 days after cooking.
Yes, you can freeze scrambled eggs for 3-6 months. Be sure to pack them in individual containers to prevent clumps that will take forever to thaw out.
You can reheat the scrambled eggs in the microwave, oven, or on the stove. The quickest way to reheat is to put the leftover scrambled eggs in the microwave. Cook on high for 30-40 seconds, stir, then microwave for an additional 30-40 seconds, or until eggs are warm throughout. Let stand in the microwave for 1 minute before serving.
Check Out More Breakfast Recipes:
- Mexican Breakfast Toast
- Potato Rosti
- Egg and Baked Beans
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- Belgian Waffles
- Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Brioche French Toast
Soft Scrambled Eggs
- 8 whole eggs
- ¼ cup 2% milk, (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 oz diced ham
- ¼ cup diced onion
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add ham, chopped bell peppers, and onion. Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add milk, salt, black pepper, and eggs. Use an electric mixer or fork, whisk the eggs vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs and let them rest for a few seconds. Using a heat-resistant rubber spatula, cook and stir the eggs frequently until eggs begin to thicken and form small curds.
- Add the ham and bell pepper mixture. Stir gently until incorporated. Turn off the heat before the eggs are fully cooked to prevent overcooking. Keep stirring until no liquid egg remains.
Yum! Love this super simple recipe for scrambled eggs!! We make it often and my kids always devour it!
I am glad that you liked this recipe, Anjali!
Wow I never made eggs so perfect before this was awesome to get instructions I always loved soft scramble these are fabulous!
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Claudia!
Yum! What a perfect, healthy breakfast idea.
Oh yum! Definitely perfect for Mother's Day breakfast! My kids would have such fun making these soft scrambled eggs.
I absolutely love soft scrambled eggs. They are so comforting. Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks.
You're welcome, Sonal!