This low carb cauliflower stuffing is the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner. It’s so delicious, flavorful and keto-friendly. It is not only low in carb but also healthy because it’s loaded with fresh veggies and herbs!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS CAULIFLOWER STUFFING RECIPE:
Are you looking for low carb side dish holiday recipes? Look no further as this stuffing recipe is a low carb version of classic or traditional stuffing. It's cooked perfectly in a skillet!
This low carb stuffing is made without bread, is naturally gluten-free and keto-friendly thanksgiving meal (but can be enjoyed any time of course). Thanksgiving side dishes that help you stick to your diet this holiday season are a must, and this one can be enjoyed without the guilt! It's also perfect for vegan.
This is a great Thanksgiving side dish recipe that everyone will enjoy, too from kids to adults and even those that don’t follow a Keto diet or low carb diet.
CAULIFLOWER STUFFING INGREDIENTS:
This low carb stuffing contains fresh veggies and herbs. The main ingredient is fresh cauliflower. To add an aromatic flavor, I used a good amount of onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. I also added a generous amount of fall herbs; sage, thyme, rosemary, and poultry seasoning.
In this recipe, I used fresh herbs, except for the poultry seasoning that comes in a ground form. Dried herbs can also be used as an alternative.
Check out more Low Carb and Keto Friendly Recipes:
- INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- TOFU RANCHEROS (LOW CARB AND HIGH IN PROTEIN!)
- MEDITERRANEAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
- ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- EASY KETO CREAMED SPINACH – SO CHEESY!
- KETO COBB SALAD WITH HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB STUFFING:
This stuffing is so easy to make! It can be done in a skillet, and takes less than 30 minutes!
- First, I cook the mirepoix; onion, garlic, carrot, and celery for about 10 minutes at low heat. These essential ingredients play an important role in flavoring the stuffing.
- Secondly, I cook the cauliflower and mushroom for about 9-10 minutes.
- Lastly, I add broth, herbs, salt, and pepper. I then continue cooking until the liquid is absorbed and the cauliflower is tender.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets, (smaller pieces)
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 1¼ tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup low sodium broth
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (use more according to your liking)
- black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt butter over low-medium heat, stirring often to prevent burning. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cauliflower, cook, and stir often for an additional 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chopped mushrooms and salt and pepper. Cook and stir often for 4 minutes.
- Add sage, thyme, rosemary, poultry seasoning, parsley, broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the cauliflower is tender.