A smooth and creamy instant pot cauliflower soup recipe. This pressure cooker soup is so flavorful, naturally gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly. The perfect comfort soup to warm you up in the fall and winter.
Here’s another tasty instant pot soup recipe to try for dinner. This instant pot cauliflower soup is easy to make and only requires 5 minutes of cooking time, at high pressure in the pressure cooker. It’s also made without flour.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Ingredients:
I made this loaded cauliflower soup using fresh cauliflower. To add flavor to the broth I sauteed onion, garlic, and celery in bacon grease. The broth is so aromatic and flavorful. To get the right creaminess I used a combination of heavy cream, sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Check out more Instant Pot soup recipes:
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP (the most favorited soup!)
- INSTANT POT PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- INSTANT POT ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
Basically, this soup is made with simple ingredients that you can find in your pantry or local market.
Check out more recipes with cheddar cheese:
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER – GROUND BEEF MAC AND CHEESE!
- FRESH BROCCOLI CASSEROLE – A TASTY SIDE DISH!
- SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE – CHEESY AND HEALTHY
- CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES – CREAMY AU GRATIN
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- GROUND BEEF QUESADILLA WITH CHIPOTLE SEASONING
- BAKED EGG MUFFINS
Benefits of Cauliflower:
Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables. It can be roasted, grilled, boiled, fried, steamed, eaten raw or pickled. It’s also a great ingredient for making a healthy cauliflower pizza crust.
Cauliflower has a similar nutrition profile to broccoli and only has 2 grams of net carbs per cup (shredded). For this reason, cauliflower is a great addition to your low carb or keto diet. It’s the perfect substitution for potatoes, rice, and other higher-carb foods.
Check out more cauliflower recipes:
- ROASTED CAULIFLOWER TACOS WITH CHIPOTLE ROMESCO SAUCE
- DELICIOUS ROASTED CAULIFLOWER LEMON PASTA
- PARMESAN ROASTED CAULIFLOWER (WITH ADOBO SEASONING)
- MEDITERRANEAN ROAST CHICKEN WITH VEGGIES
How to Add Creaminess and Flavor to Cauliflower Soup:
Due to its mild taste, cauliflower soup may need extra seasoning. To avoid bland cauliflower soup, I added some sharp cheddar cheese, heavy cream and sour cream to the soup. My father-in-law said it tastes like his three-cheese soup, just a much healthier version of it.
Fortunately, cheddar cheese is low in carbs and high in fat, which makes it a great fit for a ketogenic diet.
I highly recommend using freshly grated cheddar cheese over pre-shredded because freshly grated cheese doesn’t contain added preservatives and chemicals. As a result, the soup will have a fresher and creamier taste.
A smooth and creamy Instant pot cauliflower soup recipe. This soup is so flavorful, low carb and keto-friendly. The perfect comfort soup to warm you up in the fall and winter.
- 1 extra-large fresh cauliflower (about 10 cups cauliflower florets)
- 6 slices bacon (preferably no-sugar bacon) *see notes
- 3.5 cup broth (vegetable or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (preferably full-fat)
- ½ cup sour cream (preferably full-fat)
- 1½ – 2 cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
Turn on the instant pot and select “Saute”
Add bacon, stirring occasionally and cook until crisp. Remove the cooked bacon, place them on a paper towel to absorb excess fat and leave about 2-3 tablespoons of grease in the pot.
Add chopped onion and celery to the bacon grease. Cook, keep stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
Add a small amount of the broth to deglaze the pan, keep stirring and scraping all the brown bits off the bottom of the pot. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
Add cauliflower florets, broth, salt, and pepper to the pot. Turn off the instant pot, place the lid and seal.
Select “soup” and adjust the timing to “5 minutes”. Once it’s done, let it on natural release for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
Open the lid, use a hand blender, puree the cauliflower. Please do this carefully.
Pour in the heavy cream, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. Keep stirring until the soup is smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and extra cheese if needed.
Turn off the instant pot. Serve with crisp bacon and enjoy!
If you like a thinner soup consistency, simply add about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of hot broth the soup and stir to combine.
If you don’t like bacon, feel free to skip it and use 2 tablespoons of butter instead of bacon grease.