Get ready to elevate your salads to the next level with this strawberry vinaigrette. This homemade dressing combines the tangy and sweet flavors of fresh strawberries with a blend of champagne vinegar, basil, and other ingredients. The refreshing taste adds a nice twist to any greens or salad.
Today, I'm excited to share with you a complete guide on how to make strawberry vinaigrette right in your own kitchen. In this guide, you'll discover everything you need: a detailed ingredient list, step-by-step instructions, and valuable tips to guarantee a truly delicious vinaigrette.
This strawberry vinaigrette recipe was inspired by my mango salad dressing recipe and goes well with any mixed greens or spinach, almond, and crumbled goat cheese.
Why You'll Love This Strawberry Vinaigrette
If you're in search of a healthy salad dressing, your quest ends here. This strawberry vinaigrette will become your family's top choice for dressing, and here's why:
- Guilt-free Delight: Crafted from simple ingredients, this salad dressing is a guilt-free choice that won't compromise your dietary goals.
- Vegan-friendly: This strawberry vinaigrette is entirely vegan-friendly and contains no-dairy products. It is perfect for almost everyone.
- Irresistible Taste: The vibrant flavor of fresh strawberries adds a refreshing touch to every salad.. one of the favorites of my different dressing recipes.
- Visual Appeal: The vivid red hue of the dressing makes your salad enticing and visually appealing.
- Kid-approved: Even the pickiest eaters will enjoy this dressing. On that note, it’s a great way for getting kids to eat more greens, and actually enjoy them!
- Budget-friendly and Effortless: This recipe is affordable and incredibly easy to prepare.
- Quick and easy. In a hurry? No problem. This strawberry vinaigrette can be whipped up in approximately 10 minutes, perfect for your busy schedule.
- Low-calorie Option: Keeping an eye on your calories? This strawberry vinaigrette is a solid choice for those seeking a flavorful yet low-calorie dressing (without budging on flavor).
Here's a list of ingredients to make a strawberry vinaigrette recipe.
- Fresh strawberries: Opt for ripe, fresh strawberries to infuse the dressing with their natural sweetness and vibrant flavor.
- Olive oil: This ingredient is a must-have for any salad dressing. It provides a smooth and luscious texture to the vinaigrette while adding a hint of richness to the overall taste.
- Champagne vinegar: Vinegar plays a dual role in the strawberry vinaigrette. Firstly, it acts as an emulsifier, helping to bind and stabilize the ingredients together, resulting in a smooth texture. Additionally, vinegar brings a tangy and acidic flavor that complements the sweetness of strawberries.
- Fresh basil leaves: These bring a touch of freshness and herbal aroma.
- Maple syrup: I used maple syrup to bring out the natural sweetness of the strawberries. It also adds a subtle hint of caramel.
- Salt and black pepper: A go-to seasoning to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients. Adjust the amount to suit your preference.
How to Make Strawberry Vinaigrette
Whip up this yummy strawberry vinaigrette in just 10 minutes! Simply gather all the ingredients and follow these easy steps:
Step 1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
Step 2. Blend the ingredients until smooth and well combined.
That's it! In no time, you'll have a luscious strawberry vinaigrette ready to drizzle over your salads.
Variations and Substitutions
Here are some options for variations and substitutions based on product availability, dietary needs, and personal taste preferences. Just remember, altering ingredients might affect the final taste, so it's best to start with small amounts and gradually adjust until your salad dressing is perfect to your liking.
- Basil: Feel free to use any variety of basil, whether it's Italian basil or Thai basil.
- Maple syrup: If you don't have maple syrup on hand, you can substitute it with sugar, agave, or honey.
- Champagne vinegar: Essentially, you can use any vinegar you have available, such as white wine vinegar.
Enjoy experimenting.. have fun and just go with it to create a salad dressing that suits your individual preferences!
Recipe Tips for Success
- If you don't have a high-speed blender or food processor, don't worry! You can still make this strawberry vinaigrette. Simply puree the fresh strawberries by hand, and then whisk in the other ingredients until everything is well combined. It may take a bit more effort, but you'll still achieve a delicious dressing without the fancy equipment.
- Since the sweetness of fresh strawberries can vary, it's important to taste your dressing and adjust it. If you find that it needs a bit more sweetness, simply add additional maple syrup until it reaches your desired level of sweetness. As mentioned, don't be afraid to customize it.
- For the best outcome, opt for ripe, fresh strawberries that have a vibrant color and a natural shine. Avoid using strawberries that are spoiled, bruised, mushy, or showing signs of mold. By selecting high-quality strawberries, you'll definitely bring out a better flavor and overall quality.
How to Store Leftovers
To preserve any leftover strawberry vinaigrette, store it in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days, allowing you to enjoy the dressing over multiple meals.
Check Out More Salad Dressing/Dipping Sauce Recipes
- Thai Salad Dressing
- Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Buttermilk Dill Salad Dressing
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe and share it with friends! If you try it and don’t mind, please leave me a comment and/or give this recipe a rating. Be sure to subscribe to receive weekly recipes and follow me on Pinterest.
Easy Strawberry Vinaigrette
- a food processor or blender
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth and well combined. Taste the mixture. If needed, add a small pinch of salt and black pepper as well as additional maple syrup if desired, to enhance the flavor.
- Since the sweetness of fresh strawberries can vary, it's important to taste your dressing and adjust it. If you find that it needs a bit more sweetness, simply add additional maple syrup until it reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Store the leftover vinaigrette in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 4 days.