If you are looking for a delicious way to cook pork chops then try this baked bone in pork chops recipe. This main dish recipe is easy to make, perfect for those busy weeknights.
These baked bone in pork chops are so juicy and flavorful. They started in the skillet then finished cooking in the oven.
Baked Bone In Pork Chops
This is absolutely the best way to cook bone-in pork chops to perfection. It's a stress free dinner that comes together quickly in less than 30 minutes.
Another great thing about this baked bone-in pork chops recipe is that it doesn't cost a lot of money to make. Pork chops are an excellent source of high-quality protein, all at a low price.
These lean cuts of pork are high in protein, low in fat, and loaded with b-vitamins (thiamin, niacin, B6 and B12) that may give a boost of benefits to you and your body when eaten in moderation.
The Best Pork Chop Seasoning
This homemade pork chop seasoning is made with the perfect blend of herbs and spices. The combination of cumin, paprika, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper work well with pork and make it more flavorful.
The spice blend has a perfect balance of sweet, salty, savory, and smoky, absolutely delicious!
Bone-In Pork Chops
Pork chops are leaner than skinless chicken thighs and they are notoriously easy to mess up. Cook it too long, and you've got dry tough meat.
To minimize the risk, I highly recommend using bone-in pork chops that are at least 1 inch thick and with some marbling. The bone protects the meat from overcooking and gives a richer flavor to the meat.
How to Bake Pork Chops in the Oven:
Step 1. Make Your Own Homemade Seasoning for Pork Chops
In a small bowl, combine black pepper, cumin, paprika, grain dijon mustard, brown sugar, and a small amount of oil.
Step 2. Prepare the Pork Chops
- Rinse the bone-in pork chops in cold water to get rid any bone fragment and debris then pat dry with paper towels.
Step 3. Preheat the oven to 450°F
Step 4. Pan-sear the Pork Chops
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt and black pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Cook the pork chops for about 2 minutes per side.
Step 5. Cover Meat with the Spice Blend
Brush both sides of pork chops with the homemade seasoning.
Step 6. Oven Bake
Transfer the skillet to the oven, cook the pork chops for about 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness, until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
Step 6. Let the Meat Rest
Cover the meat loosely with foil and allow it to rest for a minimum of 5 minutes before cutting. The residual heat will bring it to the USDA's recommended safe minimum temperature 145°F.
What to Serve with Pork Chops
- Roasted Yellow Squash
- Summer Squash Casserole
- Easy Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans Almondine
Baked Pork Chops FAQ and Cooking Tips:
Store the leftover in an airtight container. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Transfer the leftover pork chop into a baking pan. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of liquid, cover the pan with foil, and cook in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Check Out More Easy Pork Recipes:
- Vietnamese Pork Chops
- Taiwanese Braised Pork
- Vietnamese Caramelized Pork Bowls
- Tonkatsu-Japanese Pork Cutlet
- Minced Pork Noodles
- Best Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Baked Bone-In Pork Chops
- 3 bone-in pork chops
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 1 tbsp grain dijon mustard
- 1½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine black pepper, cumin, paprika, grain dijon mustard, brown sugar, and 1 tsp of oil. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Rinse the pork in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. When it's hot, cook the pork chops for about 2 minutes per side. Turn off the heat.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with spice blend. Transfer the skillet to the oven, cook for 6-10 minutes or longer depending on the thickness, until the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
- Transfer the meat to a platter or cutting board. Cover the meat loosely with foil. Let it rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting/serving. The residual heat will bring it to the USDA's recommended safe minimum temperature 145°F.