Easy roasted asparagus, a quick healthy side dish that goes well with any meal. It's so light and refreshing. Absolutely delicious!
If you are looking for healthy side dish recipes, try this roasted asparagus! It's low carb and keto-friendly.
A Quick Asparagus Recipe
Asparagus is low in calories but loaded with nutrients. It provides fiber, folate, and other nutrients that people need in their diets. It can be prepared in so many ways and tastes good every time.
This side dish recipe doesn't take a long cooking time. It can be ready in less than 10 minutes.
A Simple Seasoning
Asparagus is a tasty vegetable. For that reason, I only use a simple seasoning mix that is made of lemon zest, parmesan cheese, kosher salt, and black pepper to highlight the taste of the asparagus.
How to Prepare Asparagus
The pale ends of each stalk are tough and woody. It's important to trim the ends before cooking.
There are three methods for trimming asparagus:
- Bend the end of each stalk with your thumbs and forefingers until it naturally breaks.
- Line up all of the spears in a row, then slice off the ends all at once with a sharp knife.
- Peel the woody outer surface with a vegetable peeler
The Cooking Process:
Step 1. Season
Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Add kosher salt, black pepper, and oil. Toss to coat.
Step 2. Roast
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
Step 3. Add lemon zest and parmesan cheese
Transfer the cooked asparagus into a platter. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parmesan cheese over asparagus. Toss to coat.
How to store the leftover
Fresh asparagus should be used within two or three days of purchase.
Properly stored, the leftover cooked asparagus will last up to 3 days in the fridge.
Check Out More Side Dish Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- GREEN BEANS ALMONDINE
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
- RAINBOW CARROTS WITH MAPLE SYRUP
- YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE | CHEESY AND HEALTHY - WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥
- VEGETARIAN BROCCOLI SALAD - CREAMY AND CRUNCHY!
Easy Roasted Asparagus
- 1 pound thick asparagus spears, (break off the tough ends)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest
- ¼ tsp kosher salt, (add more according to your liking)
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese, (add more according to your liking)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Add kosher salt, black pepper, and oil. Toss to coat.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness) or until tender but still crisp. Shake the pan halfway through cooking. Serve with lemon zest and parmesan cheese.