You're going to love this honey mustard chicken thighs recipe. The chicken thighs are coated in a homemade honey mustard sauce, then baked to perfection. It's absolutely the best easy oven baked chicken recipe to make for any weeknight dinner.
About This Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Recipe
This honey mustard chicken has a light sweet and tangy taste. It tastes slightly caramelized similar to teriyaki or bbq, except it is less sweet and uses less salt.
This honey mustard chicken recipe doesn't have either of those sweeter sauces (and no soy sauce either). It just uses a small amount of honey, and for that reason the chicken will be a perfect addition for someone watching their diet. Kids will love it too.
I knew this recipe was a winner when I put out ten pieces for 4 people on football Sunday alongside dips and other snack items. I thought of it as more of an entree than a game day food, but when I checked in after a while the serving plate was completely empty.
The Ingredients for Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
These honey mustard chicken thighs are made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and fridge.
Here's a list of ingredients you'll need to make this recipe:
- Chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Dijon mustard
- Onion powder
- Oregano or use Italian seasoning
Juicy and Flavorful Chicken With No Marinade
The chicken thighs are lightly seasoned with salt and pepper then cooked in a delicious homemade honey mustard sauce.
The meat is so tender, juicy, and flavorful. It tastes like it's been marinated and cooked for hours.
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES:
- HEALTHY BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS
- LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGHS
- OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
- CRISPY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
- GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
- ROASTED CHICKEN WITH A 3-INGREDIENT SPICE RUB
- HARISSA CHICKEN RECIPE – OVEN ROASTED!
- CREAMY CHICKEN MARSALA
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken
This chicken recipe is so easy to put together.
Step 1. Prepare the Chicken Thighs
Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels then season lightly with salt and black pepper. After that, transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
Step 2. Make a Good Honey Mustard Sauce
In a small bowl, mix honey, oil, dijon mustard, dried oregano, minced garlic, and onion powder until combined.
Next, pour sauce over the chicken and mix well.
Step 3. Bake
Cook the chicken in the oven, uncovered, for about 35 minutes at 425°F or until the internal temperature registers at 165°F.
About 10-15 minutes before the cooking process is done, brush the chicken with sauce to get that nice caramelized color on the skin.
Don't throw away the dripping sauce! It is so delicious and you can use it as a dipping sauce.
How to Store Leftover Cooked Chicken
Properly stored, cooked chicken can last 3-4 days in the fridge or 2-3 months in the freezer.
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below! I'd appreciate it.
Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- a baking dish
- 1½ pounds chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on, (about 5 pieces) Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Position a rack in the center of the oven then preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix all honey mustard ingredients. Pour sauce over the chicken and mix well.
- Cook the chicken in the oven, skin side up, uncovered, for about 35 minutes or until fully cooked. About 10-15 minutes before the cooking process is done, brush the chicken with sauce to get that nice caramelized color on the skin.