Disclosure: The post is brought to you by Gorton's Seafood. All opinions are mine alone.
Delicious crispy fish taco bowl, made with perfectly cooked Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets wild-caught Alaskan pollock fish, homemade cilantro-lime rice, corn, canned black beans, fresh lettuce, avocado, diced onion, and salsa. This seafood taco bowl is one of my favorite ways to eat more fish! The perfect recipe for Fish Friday or any weeknight meals.
Today, I am going to show you one of my favorite ways to serve fish to my family, a Crispy Fish Taco Bowl. The taco bowl contains a good amount of protein, carbs, and is also loaded with veggies. It's so flavorful and easy to make. It's also made from easy ingredients that you can find in your pantry and freezer.
Crispy Fish Taco Bowl Ingredients:
To make this burrito bowl, I used Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets as the main source of protein along with canned black beans, homemade cilantro-lime rice, sweet corn, chopped lettuce, avocado, and salsa. It didn’t take long to whip up and was easy enough even for my husband to make. It is the perfect "Fish Friday" meal!
CHECK OUT THESE HIGH-RATED INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT GOULASH
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
We all know that fish is a wonderful source of protein. Fish also contains natural omega-3 fatty acids that offer health benefits and help our bodies to function.
Getting more fish into our diet can be challenging. I try to incorporate seafood or fish into recipes about twice a week.
Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets are the perfect addition for an easy weeknight dinner. Every family should have this frozen fish product in their freezer to make it easier for them to make seafood meals. You can use these fish fillets to make delicious recipes from tacos, burrito, burrito bowls, or even add them to a fresh salad! These fillets have no fillers, no preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors, no hydrogenated oils, and no antibiotics.
Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets are made with sustainably wild-caught Alaska Pollock, are100% whole fillets and are naturally rich in omega-3's making them quite the catch! The fish fillets are absolutely delicious with a fresh yet filling taste.
Now, let's talk about the homemade cilantro-lime rice. This is another important ingredient to making a delicious burrito bowl. I cooked the cilantro-lime rice in a pressure cooker. It took 3 minutes at high pressure and naturally release for 10 minutes. The rice is flavorful, fragrant and refreshing.
To make cilantro-lime rice, you will need a good quality long grain rice, chicken broth or water, lime zest, lime juice, and fresh chopped cilantro. I am going to show you the complete cooking instructions on the recipe card below.
You can learn more about Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets and find the product near you by visiting this website.
Crispy Fish Taco Bowl
For Crispy Fish Taco Bowl:
- 12 Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets
- 3 cups cilantro-lime rice , (recipe below)
- 3 cups black beans
- 3 avocadoes
- 3 cups freshly chopped lettuce
- 1¼ cups sweet corn
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoon diced red onion
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice:
- Rinse the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear; drain well.
- Press the “Sauté” function key. Select a temperature with the “Adjust” key for “Normal”.When Instant Pot reaches the given working temperature, it displays “Hot” and you can start sautéing.
- Heat the oil, add rice, and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 45 seconds.
- Add water or broth, and lime zest together in an Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi. Be sure to scrap tthe bottom of the pot to make sure there is nothing stuck on it and to prevent burning.
- Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook or manual on high for 3 minutes. After the cooking cycle finished, wait 10 minutes before moving the Venting Knob from Sealing Position to Venting Position to release the remaining pressure.
- Transfer the rice into a large bowl. Let it cool down for 10 minutes then use a fork to gently stir the rice and break up any obvious lumps. Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Cook the Fish in the Oven:
- Cook the Gorton's Beer Battered Fish Fillets in the oven according to the product packaging.
Build Your Own Crispy Fish Taco Bowl:
- Plate each bowl with 2 pieces of fish fillets, ½ cup of rice , ½ cup of black beans, ½ cup chopped lettuce, 2 tablespoon of chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion, 3 tablespoon of corn, and a half avocado. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
To Cook the Cilantro-Lime on the Stove:
- Heat oil in the large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add white rice and saute for 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Stir in about 2¼ cups of broth or water plus 1 teaspoon salt, lime zest and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook undisturbed for 15 minutes or follow the cooking instructions on the product packaging.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice into a large bowl. Use a fork to gently stir the rice and break up any obvious lumps.
- Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro just before serving.