Are you looking for easy slow cooker soup recipes to make for dinner tonight? Try this creamy slow cooker chicken pot pie soup! It's so filling and comforting. The perfect meal to make on chilly days.
This slow cooker chicken pot pie soup recipe is the ultimate comfort food, perfect for any day of the week.
CHECK MORE TASTY SOUP RECIPES:
- FRENCH ONION SOUP
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP
- BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
- PRESSURE COOKER PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT CLAM CHOWDER
- ALBONDIGAS SOUP (CALDO DE ALBÓNDIGAS)
This classic chicken flavor is hearty and perfect to warm you up on one of these stormy nights. For this chicken pot pie recipe, I added some Yukon potatoes and flour to thicken the liquid.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup Ingredients:
This chicken pot pie soup is made of boneless chicken breasts, Yukon potatoes, frozen vegetables, onion, garlic, celery, chicken broth, butter, all-purpose flour, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
You can substitute poultry seasoning with dried or fresh thyme, or Italian seasoning.
How to Make this Chicken Pot Pie Soup in a Slow Cooker:
The cooking process of this slow cooker chicken pot pie soup is very simple. Here's how:
- Make the roux and soup base in a skillet. The roux is a classic thickening agent for soups.
- Add the chicken breasts, roux, soup base and the remaining ingredients into a slow cooker then cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Poultry Storage Tips:
Fresh poultry should be used within one or two days of purchase, or frozen immediately. Prepackaged poultry can be left in its package, with transparent wrapping intact, for refrigerator storage. If the wrapping is torn, transfer the poultry on a plate, and cover loosely with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
Cooked poultry can be refrigerated for three or four days, wrapped, and keep dry. You may also freeze for longer storage. Cooked poultry in broth or gravy should be refrigerated for only one or two days.
Check out what readers think about this recipe on pinterest!
Hope you'll enjoy this chicken pot pie recipe.
Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast , (cut into ½-inch pieces) or use rotiserrie chicken
- 1 lb Yukon potatoes, (small diced)
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, and carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, (minced)
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning or thyme, (use less or more according to your liking)
- salt/pepper, (to taste)
- green onions, chopped
- crispy cooked bacon
- biscuits or rustic bread
- Heat butter in a large sauce-pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Cook until translucent, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic, keep stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour and whisk until lightly browned. Add chicken stock and milk. Stir frequently until the sauce thickens. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add chicken, potatoes, and poultry seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- About 30 minutes - 1 hour prior to serving, add frozen mixed vegetables. Taste and season with salt/pepper if needed or according to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, crispy bacon, and rustic bread or biscuits.
Instructions for Stove Top Users:
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, diced potatoes, and celery; cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add garlic, keep stirring and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant but do not burn.
- Stir in the flour and whisk until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock and season with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken cubes, frozen vegetables, and milk; simmer until the chicken is fully cooked, vegetables are tender, and soup has thickened.
- Serve with chopped green onions, crispy bacon and rustic bread or biscuits.