Are you looking for an easy slow cooker chicken recipe? Or Need to freshen up your slow cooker chicken recipes? Try this creamy slow cooker chicken soup, with chicken pot pie flavors of corn, carrots, peas, potatoes and serve with green onions, crispy bacon and biscuits or rustic bread.
This classic chicken flavor is hearty and perfect to warm you up on one of these stormy nights. For this chicken pot pie recipe, I added some yukon potatoes and flour to thicken the liquid and skipped the condensed soup.
Poultry Storage Tips:
Fresh poultry should be used within on or two days of purchase, or frozen immediately. Prepackaged poultry can be left in its package, with transparent wrapping intact, for refrigerator storage. If the wrapping is torn, transfer the poultry on a plate, and cover loosely with aluminum foil or waxed paper.
Cooked poultry can be refrigerated for three or four days, wrapped and keep dry. You may also freeze for longer storage. Cooked poultry in broth or gravy should be refrigerated for only one or two days.
Check out what readers think about this recipe on pinterest!
Hope you’ll enjoy this chicken pot pie recipe.
ALSO, CHECK OUT THESE INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
Chicken Pot Pie Slow CookerPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound chicken boneless and skinless (or use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 pound Yukon potatoes (small diced)
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas and carrots)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (add more according to your liking)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste, according to your liking
- green onions chopped
- crispy cooked bacon
- biscuits or rustic bread
- Heat butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and cook until translucent, for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, keep stirring and cook for 1-2 more minutes or until fragrant but do not burn.
- Stir in the flour and whisk until lightly browned.
- Add chicken stock, milk and stir frequently until the sauce thickens.
- Put chicken into slow cooker and pour in the broth/sauce mixture.
- Stir in potatoes, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- About 30 minutes - 1 hour prior serving, add frozen mixed vegetables and taste the broth. Season with salt/pepper if needed or according to your liking.
- Serve with chopped green onions, crispy bacon and rustic bread or biscuits.