A delicious creamy instant pot root vegetable soup that is naturally sweet. This root vegetable soup is made in Instant Pot and seasoned with light spices. It’s the perfect comfort soup that will warm you up in the coldest months or any season.
Root vegetables can be enjoyed as a delicious part of a healthy diet, and are eaten raw to roasted, and in my favorite way: in a soup. Root vegetables contain many vitamins and minerals. Because root vegetables grow underground they absorb a great number of nutrients from the soil.
For you instant pot lovers I love to be able to share another instant pot soup recipe, instant pot root vegetable soup! If you’ve missed my previous instant pot vegetable soup with fresh vegetables recipes, be sure to check out these: INSTANT POT POTATO BACON SOUPINSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
Here’s why you are going to love this Instant Pot Root Vegetable Soup:
1. It’s quick! The cooking process of this pressure cooker vegetable soup will only take 15 minutes.
2. This one-pot vegetable soup is seasoned with high anti-inflammatory ingredients like ground turmeric, ginger, and garlic.
3. It’s made with simple ingredients. Everything you need may already be in your pantry.
4. The root vegetable soup is nutritious but is still absolutely tasty!
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT GOULASH
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
Let’s Talk about the Instant Pot Root Vegetable Soup Ingredients:
Carrots – This crunchy root vegetable is tasty and highly nutritious. It’s a good source of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants. Carrots come in a variety of colors, from white, orange, yellow, red to purple. For this recipe, you are going to use orange-colored carrots.
Potatoes are naturally gluten-free with no fat, sodium or cholesterol. They are a versatile root vegetable and a good source of vitamin B6. Fiber, magnesium, and antioxidants. Round white potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes are a great choice for soups.
Parsnips are packed with important nutrients. They are rich in Potassium, Zinc, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Manganese, and Iron. It’s also high in Soluble and Insoluble Fiber, therefore may aid in weight loss.
Garlic contains compounds with potent medicinal properties and are highly nutritious. They are good to combat cold, reduce blood pressure, and more
Turmeric is a member of the ginger family. It is commonly used as a spice in Asia, but it is also known for its medicinal purposes. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
You can check more recipes using Turmeric here:
- ORANGE TURMERIC BOOSTER SHOT
- GOLDEN MILK WITH TURMERIC & ALMOND MILK OR CASHEW MILK
- SLOW COOKER BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- SLOW COOKED LAMB SHANKS RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STEW
Ginger has long been used for culinary and medicinal purposes. It is often referred to as ginger root in recipes. Common uses of ginger are to treat nausea or heartburn.
To make this instant pot root vegetable soup creamy, I added heavy cream, for those of you that are vegetarians, you can easily change-up the ingredients by simply using 100% vegetable broth and coconut milk.
Instant Pot Root Vegetable SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 inch ginger (chopped coarsely)
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pounds carrots (peeled, chopped coarsely)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled, chopped coarsely)
- 1 large parsnip (peeled, chopped coarsely)
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 32 oz low sodium broth (chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup cream heavy cream or coconut cream
- Turn on the instant pot, select "saute" and add oil.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger cook just until fragrant.
- Add chopped vegetables (carrots, potato, parsnip), salt, black pepper, turmeric, paprika, cumin, broth, water, and stir. Close and lock lid. Turn Pressure Valve to the Sealing position and cook at high pressure for about your 15 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, immediately vent to release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid and stir the cream (heavy cream or coconut milk), use a hand blender to puree the soup. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy.