This easy roasted rainbow carrots with maple syrup recipe would make the perfect side dish for any weeknight or holiday meals. The carrots are nicely caramelized on the outside and tender-crisp on the inside. They have the perfect balance of flavors, sweet and savory! Absolutely tasty!
Today, I want to share a great recipe for roasted rainbow carrots that I purchased from Trader Joe's. This vegetarian side dish recipe is affordable and so easy to put together. It will help you to get dinner ready in no time.
The Ingredients for Roasted Rainbow Carrots:
This roasted carrots recipe uses simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Here’s an overview of what you’ll use:
- Rainbow Carrots. You can use regular, petite, or baby carrots.
- Pure maple syrup or use butter
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper
Carrots are highly nutritious. They are a good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. You can read more about carrots' health benefits here. They are crunchy, tasty, and have a natural sweetness to them.
In this recipe, I added a small amount of maple syrup to bring out the natural sweetness of carrots. The maple syrup will also help caramelize the carrots during roasting.
CHECK OUT MORE DELICIOUS SIDE DISH RECIPES:
- ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- INSTANT POT MASHED SWEET POTATOES
- ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- INSTANT POT COLCANNON – IRISH MASHED POTATOES
- ROASTED BABY POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- MOROCCAN COUSCOUS WITH CURRANTS AND PINE NUTS
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH PANCETTA AND APPLE
- HASSELBACK BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH BROWN BUTTER SAGE
- CAULIFLOWER STUFFING (LOW CARB AND HERBY)
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH GRATIN
How to Make Roasted Carrots with Maple Syrup:
This roasted carrots recipe is very easy to make! No pre-boiling required! Just throw all ingredients together, mix and bake for 20 minutes! So, here are some important preparation and cooking steps to follow:
Step 1: Prepare the Carrots.
Peel and cut the carrots evenly into a 4.5” to 5.5” long each or use petite carrots, such as Trader Joe’s Les Petites Carrots of Many Colors.
Step 2. Season the Carrots
Toss carrots, fresh thyme, maple syrup, salt, and pepper on a prepared large baking sheet. Cut the butter into small pieces and spread it out evenly on top of the carrots.
Step 3. Roast the Carrots at High Temperature
Roast for about 20 minutes at 425°F, or until carrots are tender-crisp. Don't forget to flip the carrots halfway through.
What to Serve with Roasted Carrots:
- TARRAGON CHICKEN
- CHICKEN CHASSEUR (FRENCH HUNTER’S CHICKEN)
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGHS
- LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGHS
- ROASTED HALF CHICKEN
- CHINESE ROASTED CHICKEN
- GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST – SO FLAVORFUL AND JUICY!
How to Store Leftover Cooked Carrots:
First, you need to cool them completely. After that, put the leftover in an airtight container.
Properly stored, cooked carrots will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe! If you try it, don’t forget to rate and leave a review on the recipe card/comment box below.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, (use more according to your liking)
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel and cut the carrots evenly into a 4.5” to 5.5” long each or use petite carrots or baby carrots.
- Toss carrots, fresh thyme, maple syrup, salt, and pepper on a prepared large baking sheet.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and spread it out evenly on top of the carrots.
- Roast for about 20 minutes until carrots are tender-crisp. Flipping the carrots halfway through.
- Serve with chopped parsley and enjoy!