You're going to love this fresh soup because it tastes better than canned soup! This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is perfect for every season. The soup is loaded with fresh vegetables, fiber, and refreshing flavor! It is so healthy, hearty, and comforting.
If you are looking for healthy Instant Pot soup recipes to cook on chilly winter nights, look no further! This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is so easy to make, quick, and affordable! A flavorful and nutritious vegetarian soup recipe that will make you warm and cozy all year long! This soup tastes good on the first day and even better the next day! Yum!
Healthy Vegetable Soup
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is not only delicious but it's also packed with nutrients! It's so filling, satisfying, and naturally gluten-free. Best of all, you only need to cook this soup for 2 minutes at high pressure, makes it the perfect soup to make on a busy weeknight!
The Best Vegetables To Put In Soup
To make this easy vegetarian soup, I used a combination of fresh vegetables: potatoes, carrots, onion, green beans, celery, corn, zucchini, and garlic.
This soup recipe is customizable and adaptable to fit your specific tastes or dietary needs. For that reason, you may swap the ingredients and use whatever vegetables you like in the soup, such as in-season veggies or frozen.
Yukon Gold and red potatoes are best for this soup because they hold their shape better than other potatoes.
To add extra flavor to the broth, I use a combination of Italian seasoning, bay leaf, and dried basil. Other fresh or dried herbs such as thyme, mint, oregano, cayenne pepper, red chili pepper flakes, or herbs de Provence spice blend can also be used as an alternative seasoning ingredient.
How to Cook Vegetable Soup from Scratch in an Instant Pot:
This soup recipe requires minimal preparation and cooking time. You just need to chop the vegetables, sauté the onion for a few minutes then cook all ingredients in one pot.
The cooking process is pretty quick. You only need to cook this soup for 2 minutes at high pressure and the vegetables will be tender enough to eat but not mushy!
This recipe also works well with any electric pressure cooker, such as Ninja Foodi, or on the stovetop.
Here are some important steps to follow while cooking the soup in an instant pot:
- First, sauté the aromatic onion then garlic to create layers of flavors in soup (umami). This process should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Second, add the canned diced tomatoes into the pot. You want to cook it for about a minute to get rid of any bitter or tinny tastes and to concentrate their flavors. As always, it’s very important to scrape the bottom of the pot so there is nothing stuck which will prevent burning.
- Third, add chopped potatoes, green beans, celery, corn, zucchini, Italian seasoning, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and broth into the pot.
- Next, put the lid on, sealed, and set to manual for "2 minutes". After the cooking cycle finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
How to Store Leftover Vegetable Soup:
Store the leftover vegetable soup in an airtight container or heavy-duty and it will last for 3-4 days in the fridge or about 4-6 months in the freezer.
You can reheat the soup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot or reheat in a microwave.
CHECK MORE INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- RED LENTIL SOUP (STOVETOP + INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS) WITH VIDEO 🎥
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED)
- CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER (STOVETOP
- BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
- GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
- PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT CLAM CHOWDER
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- A 6 qt pressure cooker
- 1½ cups diced yellow onion
- 2 cups diced carrots, (about an ½ inch thickness)
- 1½ cups diced celery , (about an ½ inch thickness)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups broth , (chicken or vegetable stock)
- 2 (14.5 oz) regular diced or fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2½ cups ¾-inch thick diced potatoes
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels , (or frozen or canned)
- 1½ cups chopped green beans , (cut into a 1½ inch length)
- 1 medium zucchini , (quarter then slice accross)
Spices and Herbs:
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt, (add more according to your liking)
- black pepper, (to taste)
- Press the “Sauté” key then “Normal”. When Instant Pot displays “Hot”, add oil and cook onions until translucent for 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir until fragrant for 30 seconds.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes. It’s very important to scrape the bottom of the pot so there is nothing stuck which will prevent burning. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid and set to manual for “2 minutes”. After the cooking cycle has completed, let the pressure naturally release for about 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt/pepper if needed.