Rosemary chicken thighs, an easy oven-baked chicken recipe to make for any weeknight dinner. These chicken thighs are perfectly seasoned and cooked in the oven for less than an hour of cooking time. They are aromatic and flavorful.
Chicken thighs are so versatile. They are very inexpensive and easier to cook than chicken breasts. This rosemary chicken thighs recipe would be a great addition to your easy weekly meal plan. It's a good chicken recipe that you will make over and over again.
These rosemary chicken thighs are low carb and keto-friendly.
Crispy Rosemary Chicken Thighs
The little things in life make a big difference, and that's true in the kitchen, too. Herbs to some people are just an afterthought but they can transform the taste of a dish in an amazing way.
Rosemary is the star of this chicken recipe. My husband said he loved the taste of the chicken but couldn't put his finger on the special ingredient that made it taste so good... yep, that's rosemary my dear.
I have been trying my hand at gardening and herbs were the first thing I started to grow. It took some time to get the soil right but once we did the herbs were simple to grow.
I hate how much they charge in the stores for a small amount of herbs, so growing my own has been a big time and money saver. Rosemary is easier than some of the more fragile herbs, and can be used in a ton of different dishes.
Rosemary Chicken Thighs Ingredients:
To make this delicious chicken thighs recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Chicken thighs
- Fresh rosemary
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground paprika
And of course, you will need some oil to blend all the spices, salt and black pepper to taste.
What to Serve with Rosemary Chicken Thighs:
- AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD (WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥)
- ROASTED YELLOW SQUASH WITH PARMESAN CHEESE AND HERBS
- ROASTED BABY POTATOES WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- SUMMER SQUASH CASSEROLE | CHEESY AND HEALTHY - WITH RECIPE VIDEO 🎥
How to Make Oven-Baked Rosemary Chicken Thighs
The preparation and cooking process of this chicken thighs recipe is pretty simple. Here's how:
Step 1. Make Chicken Seasoning
In a small bowl, add rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and oil. Stir to combine.
Step 2. Season the Chicken
To start, pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel then transfer the chicken to a bowl. Rub seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken.
Step 3. Cook in the Oven
Cook the chicken in the preheated oven at 425°F for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperatures reaches 165°F.
How to Store Leftover Cooked Chicken
You can store the leftover cooked chicken in the fridge or freezer if you'd like. Properly stored, these rosemary chicken thighs can last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Check Out More Delicious Chicken Recipes:
- BAKED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS
- TARRAGON CHICKEN
- CHICKEN CHASSEUR (FRENCH HUNTER'S CHICKEN)
- LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN THIGHS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGHS
- CRISPY GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
- ROASTED HALF CHICKEN
- EASY CHINESE ROASTED CHICKEN
Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on, (pat chicken dry with paper towels)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, (or use ¾ teaspoon if you're salt-sensitive)
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all seasoning ingredients. Mix well. Rub seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken. Marinate the chicken for 15-30 minutes if possible.
- Place the chicken, skin side up on a prepared baking sheet. Cook for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, is no longer pink, and until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
I've got a whole rosemary bush in my yard just waiting for this recipe!
Perfect timing, Jess!
Love fresh rosemary! Wish I had some in my garden right now. We had a huge plant at our last house. Looks amazing paired with this chicken and all those flavors.
You must be a mind reader! I have rosemary growing in the garden here in Florida no clue what it is really a compliment to and here I am finally finding a fantastic recipe! THANK YOU!!! your recipe is on my must make TOMORROW list!
You're welcome, Claudia.
Fantastic chicken thighs - they are perfect if you ask me. My favorite way to cook chicken, too... 🙂
Thanks, Mahy! I am hglad that you liked it.
Thanks for this recipe. It turned out so perfect and flavorful. The spices work so well together.
You're welcome, Priya.