Fresh Asian Chopped Salad kit with grilled chicken, served with homemade sesame ginger dressing recipe. This chopped salad contains Napa Cabbage, Red Cabbage, Carrots, Cilantro, and Peanuts.
If you are looking for healthy lunch ideas, try one of my favorite healthy salad recipes. This Fresh Asian Chopped Salad is very high in anti-oxidants and is a healthy lunch that will keep you full with its high amount of fiber. I served this salad with my favorite sesame ginger dressing. It’s a very light dressing recipe, super easy to make and so refreshing. Unlike store-bought sesame ginger dressing, this homemade salad dressing recipe allows you to customize your own ingredients. Regulate the amount of sugar (or agave syrup) to your liking, as well as the level of soy sauce, and/or sesame oil. Also, don’t forget to check out one of our most popular recipes: Thai Salad Dressing.
Asian Chopped Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh edamame
- chopped green onions
- optional: grilled chicken breast
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Serve with homemade salad dressing.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (or a more neutral-flavored oil like grapeseed, canola, or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (add more according to your liking)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons agave nectar (about 2 tablespoons sugar or honey). Add more according to your liking.
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl until well blended. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Shake before use.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Pound the chicken with a mallet or heavy skillet until about 1/8 inch thick.
Brush the chicken lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken until golden and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes per side.