These instant pot chicken wings are incredibly flavorful and absolutely addictive. The crispy chicken wings tossed in a classic buffalo sauce. A delicious restaurant-style buffalo chicken wings recipe that is made without deep-frying. The wings are so crispy and less greasy, too.
These pressure cooker chicken wings with buffalo sauce are the perfect finger foods for game day or as a party appetizer. You can make these crispy chicken wings in the electric pressure cooker, instant pot, or Ninja Foodi.
Also, check out these DRY RUB CHICKEN WINGS (OVEN-BAKED/INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI) and INSTANT POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS (NINJA FOODI + OVEN-BAKED INSTRUCTIONS) recipes.
About This Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe:
Are you looking for game day finger foods? This instant pot chicken wings recipe will hit the spot!
The wings taste better than buffalo chicken wings at restaurants or sports bars. It's so easy and quick to make. The most tender wings you will ever have! It is also very inexpensive compared to what you will have to pay at the restaurant.
In this post, I am going to show you how to make chicken wings using a pressure cooker or an instant pot.
I personally used my Ninja Foodi pressure cooker to make this recipe and used the air crisp feature to make the wings crisp.
If you are an instant pot user, don't worry, the cooking process is similar.
The only thing that you need to do differently is to use an oven (broiler) to crisp the chicken. I am going to list every step that you need to do on the recipe card below.
Tasty Buffalo Wings
I think this instant pot chicken wings with buffalo sauce recipe works because it is time-saving without sacrificing the taste.
Cooking chicken wings in the oven will often take up to 45 minutes. However, with your pressure cooker, you only need to cook the chicken wings at high pressure for 5 minutes using a Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
Other reasons this is one of the best chicken wings recipes:
- There’s no flour added.
- There’s also no deep-frying.
- Adding butter is optional for Ninja Foodi users. For those who are watching your calorie intake, this is the perfect chicken wings recipe for you to try!
- It is inexpensive.
- It uses simple ingredients.
- It's simply delicious!
Check Out These High-Rated Instant Pot Recipes:
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
The Perfect Dry Rub for Chicken Wings:
Dry rubs are definitely better than marinades! To add flavors to the wings, you only need to use a blend of seasoning and spices and rub on meat. No marinade!
To make your own dry rub, just combine the following ingredients:
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- ground paprika
- cayenne pepper
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
The buffalo sauce seasoning is made from simple ingredients. You will need the following ingredients:
- Hot sauce. In this recipe, I used Frank's original red hot sauce
- White vinegar
- Honey. A small amount of honey as an optional ingredient. I think the honey adds a nice flavor to the dish and to balance out the spiciness and sourness.
How to Cook Crispy Chicken Wings in a Pressure Cooker
- Season the chicken wings with the dry seasoning.
- Add one cup of water into the pot.
- Place the rack or steamer basket in the pot.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on the rack.
- Place lid on Instant Pot/Ninja Foodi; set to cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Toss the cooked wings with buffalo sauce.
- Broil the chicken wings in the oven or use the air crisp mode until the skin is crispy.
How to Crisp Chicken Wings:
For instant pot users, you will need to transfer the wings to a broiler, cook for about 5-10 minutes or until you reach the desired crispiness.
If you are using a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker, just use the air crisp setting and set the temperature to 390F, and adjust the time to 15 minutes. Again, I will list the complete instructions below.
I hope you will enjoy this buffalo chicken wings recipe. Don't forget to come back and let us know what you think about the dish.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- PRESSURE COOKER PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- INSTANT POT BACON LENTIL SOUP (SO HEARTY)
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE GNOCCHI SOUP (CREAMY ITALIAN GOODNESS)
- INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- INSTANT POT ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- INSTANT POT PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- pressure cooker or Instant pot or Ninja Foodi
- 2 pounds chicken wings , (about 14 pieces) - pat the wings dry with paper towels
- Season the chicken wings: In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Add chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Pressure Cook Chicken Wings: Pour a cup of water or chicken broth into the Instant Pot/Ninja Foodi. Place wings into a trivet or a steamer basket in the pot. Close lid and pressure cook at high pressure for 5 minutes with natural release.
- Make the Buffalo Sauce: In a medium-size bowl, mix together the hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic, honey, and melted butter. Set aside.
To Crisp The Chicken:
- For Instant Pot Users: Pat wings dry with paper towels. Transfer wings into a large bowl and pour half the buffalo sauce over the chicken wings and gently toss. Arrange the wings on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp, about 4-6 minutes, turning pan once halfway through. Remove from the oven and pour in the remaining sauce before serving, toss to coat. Serve and Enjoy.For Ninja Foodi Users: Make sure that your inner pot is dry. Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Open every 3-5 minutes to check for the crispness of your desire. When cooking is complete, transfer the wings into a large bowl and pour in the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve and enjoy.
To Cook in The Oven (Non-Instant Pot Users):
Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with the dry seasoning and 2 teaspoons of baking powder (do not use baking soda). Toss to coat. Transfer to a fridge and let it chill, uncovered for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake the wings for 25 minutes, flip the wings and continue cooking until the wings are fully cooked.
Remove the chicken wings from the oven and pour in the sauce. Toss to coat.
Turn the oven onto broil. Arrange the wings on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp, about 3-4 minutes, turning pan once halfway through.