These instant pot chicken wings are incredibly flavorful and absolutely addictive. The crispy chicken wings tossed in a classic buffalo sauce. A delicious restaurant-style buffalo chicken wings recipe that is made without deep-frying. The wings are so crispy and less greasy, too.
These pressure cooker chicken wings with buffalo sauce are the perfect finger foods for game day or as a party appetizer. You can make these crispy chicken wings in the pressure cooker, instant pot or Ninja Foodi.
Instant Pot Chicken Wings:
Are you looking for game day finger foods? This instant pot chicken wings recipe will hit the spot! The wings taste better than buffalo chicken wings at restaurants or sports bars. It’s so easy and quick to make. The most tender wings you will ever have! It is also very inexpensive compared to what you will have to pay at the restaurant.
In this post, I am going to show you how to make chicken wings using a pressure cooker or an instant pot.
I personally used my Ninja Foodi pressure cooker to make this recipe and used the air crisp feature to make the wings crisp. If you are an instant pot user, don’t worry, the cooking process is similar. The only thing that you need to do differently is to use an oven (broiler) to crisp the chicken. I am going to list every step that you need to do on the recipe card below.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce Recipe:
I think this instant pot chicken wings with buffalo sauce recipe works because it is time-saving without sacrificing the taste.
Cooking chicken wings in the oven will often take up to 45 minutes. However, with your pressure cooker, you only need to cook the chicken wings at high pressure for 7 minutes in an instant pot or 5 minutes using a Ninja Foodi.
Check Out These High-Rated Instant Pot Recipes:
- INSTANT POT QUESO DIP RECIPE
- INSTANT POT HAMBURGER HELPER
- INSTANT POT CARNITAS – MEXICAN PULLED PORK
- INSTANT POT BEEF STROGANOFF
- INSTANT POT BRISKET AKA PULLED BEEF FOR SLIDERS!
- INSTANT POT BEEF SHORT RIBS – BONELESS!
- INSTANT POT GREAT NORTHERN BEAN SOUP
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN SAUSAGE KALE SOUP
For instant pot users, you will need to transfer the wings to a broiler, cook for about 5-10 minutes or until you reach the desired crispiness. Or for Ninja Foodi users, just use the air crisp setting and set the temperature to 390F, and adjust the time to 15 minutes. Again, I will list the complete instructions below.
Other reasons this is one of the best chicken wings recipes:
- There’s no flour added.
- There’s also no deep-frying.
- Adding butter is optional for Ninja Foodi users. For those who are watching your calorie intake, this is the perfect chicken wings recipe for you try!
- It is inexpensive.
- It uses simple ingredients.
- It’s simply delicious!
HOW TO MAKE PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN WINGS:
- Season the chicken with the dry seasoning.
- Add one cup of water into the pot.
- Place the rack or steamer basket in the pot.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer on rack.
- Place lid on Instant Pot; set to cook on high pressure.
- Toss the cooked wings with buffalo sauce.
- Broil the chicken wings in the oven or use the air crisp mode until the skin is crispy.
Buffalo Sauce Seasoning:
The buffalo sauce seasoning is made from simple ingredients. You will need a hot sauce like Frank’s original red hot sauce, butter, white vinegar, and a small amount of honey as an optional ingredient. I think the honey adds a nice flavor to the dish and to balance out the spiciness and sourness.
The chicken wings were seasoned with garlic powder, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. No marinade needed.
I hope you will enjoy this buffalo chicken wings recipe. Don’t forget to come back and let us know what you think about the dish.
CHECK OUT THESE DELICIOUS INSTANT POT SOUP RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT BLACK-EYED PEA SOUP WITH HAM HOCK AND SPINACH
- PRESSURE COOKER PUMPKIN SOUP
- INSTANT POT POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO FLOUR ADDED)
- INSTANT POT BACON LENTIL SOUP (SO HEARTY)
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE GNOCCHI SOUP (CREAMY ITALIAN GOODNESS)
- INSTANT POT CAULIFLOWER SOUP (LOW-CARB)
- INSTANT POT ROOT VEGETABLE SOUP
- INSTANT POT PEA SOUP – VEGETARIAN!
- INSTANT POT POTATO SOUP WITH BACON!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
- pressure cooker or Instant pot or Ninja Foodi
- 2 pounds chicken wings (about 14 pieces)
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper (add more according to your liking)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅓ cup Hot Sauce (I used Frank's RedHot Original Red Hot Sauce)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp pure honey (optional but recommended)
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
Season the Chicken Wings with Dry Seasoning:
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl. Use paper towels to pat dry the wings.
- Sprinkle the seasoning all over the wings, toss to coat evenly using your hands or tongs.
- For instant pot users: Pour ¾- 1 cup of water into Instant Pot® and add a trivet or a steamer basket. Place the chicken into the trivet or steamer basket. Make sure the wings are not touching the water!For Ninja Foodi users: Pour a cup of water into the pot. Place wings into the Cook & Crisp™ Basket and place basket in the pot.
- Close the lid and make sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. For instant pot users: Select PRESSURE COOK and set HIGH. Set time to 5 minutes for fresh wings or 12-15 minutes for frozen. Select START/STOP to begin.For Ninja Foodi users: Select PRESSURE and set HIGH. Set time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- For Instant Pot Users: When the cooking cycle is done and beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes then turn the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. If the wings are below the minimum safe internal temperature of 165 °F, return to the instant pot and pressure cook the wings for an additional 2 minutes with quick release.For Ninja Foodi users: When pressure cooking is complete, quickly release the pressure by turning the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position.
Make the Buffalo Sauce:
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic, honey, and melted butter. Set aside.
To Crisp The Chicken:
- For Instant Pot Users: Transfer wings into a large bowl and pour half the buffalo sauce over the chicken wings and gently toss. Arrange the wings on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp, about 4-6 minutes, turning pan once halfway through. Remove from the oven and pour in the remaining sauce before serving, toss to coat. Serve and Enjoy.For Ninja Foodi Users: Make sure that your inner pot is dry. Pat wings dry with paper towels. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. Open every 3-5 minutes to check for the crispness of your desire. When cooking is complete, transfer the wings into a large bowl and pour in the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve and enjoy.
To Cook in The Oven (Non-Instant Pot Users):
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and season with the dry seasoning and 2 teaspoons of baking powder (do not use baking soda). Toss to coat. Transfer to a fridge and let it chill, uncovered for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake the wings for 25 minutes, flip the wings and continue cooking until the wings are fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and pour in the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Turn the oven onto broil. Arrange the wings on the wire rack one above center position inside the broiler. Cook until crisp, about 3-4 minutes, turning pan once halfway through.